Wedding Program December 17, 2006Posted by Guido in General.
I think everybody must know by now that the wedding date has moved again. It’s going to be the 1st of January. The festivities will already start the day before. In the morning of December 31st, Veo and I will go to the temple to make offerings and receive blessings. Everyone is welcome to attend. At night my Mom will host a rehearsal dinner for everyone.
The next day, the wedding ceremony will take place in the early morning. The wedding reception and dinner will take place in the evening. Below is a more detailed program.
- 8.00 – Buying food at the market for offerings in the temple
- 10.00 – Blessing ceremony in the temple (probably Wat Mai)
- 12.00 – Perhaps lunch in the temple
Evening (Rehearsal dinner)
- 19.00 – Location: Bua Kang Beung.
Morning (Wedding ceremony)
- 8.00-9.00 – Veo’s family and friends assemble at the Heritage House, Guido’s family and friends assemble at Tum Tum Cheng guesthouse and parade to the Heritage House.
- 9.30 – Guido bribes his way past the gatekeepers
- 10.00-12.00 – Baci Soukhuan Ceremony
- 12.00-14.00 – Lunch at the Heritage House
Evening (Reception / Dinner)
- 17.00 – 19.00 Sunset cocktail Location: Hotel The Grand Luang Prabang
- 19.00 – Dinner
There is more information about the ceremonies here.